Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Atheist Spirituality



After getting in a few (heated) discussions about what spirituality is I decided to write a Squidoo page on it. So, I've created a Squidoo lens called Atheist Spirituality. It's a little rough yet but I'm hoping to show that the intense emotions often associated with belief are not exclusive to theists.

I think it's all a matter of how your beliefs frame your experiences. Religious people will likely find religious significance in life changing experiences. Non-religious people will have the same, profound experiences but won't attribute them to the supernatural.

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

You're cool. So cool, in fact, you put a 'leave thy comment' without having to read it over B4hand like some morons do. That's VERY cool. I guess you've gotten all you wanna outta our weee, Finite Existence, huh, to not put a moronic 'B4hand' clause. That's hot. I'm the EXACT same way. Though, I don't like you calling yourself 'that atheist bitch'. Puh-leeze. If you're a TAB, I'm a 7up or one of those cheep-O-rama, Wal-Mart brands that gag you. But, yet, I really don't wanna lose you. You're extremely cool. Just say this, "Come, Lord Jesus. Envelop my mind with thy radical grooviness" God bless you. tok2me